TAA has expert lawyers who have the requisite industry knowledge and legal and regulatory expertise to advice clients operating in the financial services sector. We provide clients with transactional, regulatory, compliance, advisory and dispute advice. We also advise clients on the establishment of financial services businesses and on the development and structuring of products and services. Our team has a proven track record of acting for a wide range of financial services clients in retail, corporate and investment banking, as well as for other providers of financial services, including asset finance companies, mortgage lenders and short-term loan providers.
We work with our clients to gain an in-depth knowledge of their business and concerns so that we can provide the best possible service. We give pragmatic, commercial and proactive advice as we look for cost effective solutions to resolve disputes.
We can help you with the following areas:
- Claims in respect of structured investments and derivative products,
- Disputes in relation to loan markets, syndicated lending, and the capital markets;
- Fraud, recovery of assets, breach of trust claims;
- Secured and unsecured corporate recoveries claims, restructuring and insolvency;
- Asset finance and receivables financing;
- Industry-level consumer finance regulation disputes;
- Confidentiality, data protection and reputational risk;
- Operational disputes arising from payment systems;
- Anti-money laundering and compliance;
- Anti-bribery and corruption;
- Thematic, industry-wide retail litigation e.g. bank charges.
Our overall aim is to partner with you and add value to your business. We invest heavily in our clients thereby enabling us to be closely aligned and commercially aware of your business and understand your concerns. Due to the size and capability of our practice, we are able to field large experienced teams who can respond quickly to those issues. Last but not the least our advice addresses how evolving legislation, regulation and market frameworks affect existing businesses.
Our experience in this sector includes:
- Data Protection
- Establishing financial services businesses
- Application of conduct of business and prudential requirements
- Drafting internal policies, including risk management and anti-money laundering policies
- Financial promotions and approving marketing material
- Distribution channels for financial services
- Commercial contracts within the regulated sector
- Outsourcing and appointing appointed representatives
- Due diligence and structuring sale and purchase of financial institutions